The Navy Club is an Incorporated Society, formed principally to:
- Provide a focus for former Navy personnel
- Perpetuate the comradeship of the Navy
- Look after the welfare of members
We meet at least once a month for a lunch at the Remuera Club in Greenlane, Auckland. The Navy Club subsidises the cost of food and drink, and provides a comfortable environment for members to socialise with former shipmates. As of 2019, over 70 members attend these luncheons every month and renew old friendships and create new ones. We also conduct outings and other external events for the enjoyment of members, and everyone is encouraged to bring along spouses and companions.
The Navy Club is now a vibrant organisation with over 150 members and still growing. In addition to our monthly luncheon programme, we have:
- Provided sponsorship for the International Sports Day that was part of the RNZN 75th Anniversary celebrations.
- Provided sponsorship for the creation of a premier prize, the Navy Club Trophy, awarded to the best trainee at every Passing-Out Parade for Basic Training Classes.
- Provided sponsorship for former naval personnel to attend a commemoration ceremony on Motuihe Island in 2020, to recognise the over 15,000 naval ratings trained in HMNZS Tamaki while it was on the island between 1941 and 1963.
If you would like to join us and share the comradeship we offer, you can join here